To configure OneLogin to sign in users into LiveHive using SAML, follow these easy steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for LiveHive. Click Add.
- In the Add LiveHive screen, select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Under configuration, add your domain name (ie. example.com) and press continue.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab, set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default Username to email.
- In this step, you will collect the x509 certificate, SAML Issuer URL and SAML HTTP Endpoint and your chosen domain. This information can be found on the Single Sign-on tab within the app configuration. All of these details will be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the SAML Issuer URL, SAML HTTP Endpoint, and download the x509 certificate.
- If you missed it above, be sure to send the following to email@example.com - SAML Issuer, HTTP Endpoint, x509, and Domain.
- Under the Access Control tab, choose which roles will have access to LiveHive.
To test, do the following:
- Log into OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of LiveHive.
- Click the LiveHive icon on your dashboard. This should log you into LiveHive.
Special Note: LiveHive supports Just-in-Time provisioning of users; if the user does not already exist in LiveHive, they will be created on the fly. This can help tremendously with the onboarding of LiveHive to your entire user base!