This document describes the: Installation, Configuration and Data Synchronization for LiveHive’s MS Dynamics support.
Installation of LiveHive’s managed solution for Dynamics must be installed first and takes about 5 minutes. LiveHive support can provide the link to download the managed solution.
Step 1 – Go to the solutions window.
Step 2 – Press the import button to import the package you downloaded from LiveHive
Step 3 – Verify it is the LiveHive package
You can press the “View solution package details” button to see the components as shown below.
Step 4 – Optional view of package details
You should now see the package listed in the Solutions section as shown below.
To configure the package a LiveHive admin must select Dynamics as the corporate CRM. This is done in the LiveHive Admin CRM settings as shown below. Click on Admin in the left sidebar, then select CRM.
At the top of the CRM section, select MS Dynamics from the drop-down menu.
Each person who is going to have their data synchronized to Dynamics must connect their LiveHive account to their Dynamics account. The admin can use the “Connect my CRM in Settings” link they see in the Admin settings next to the CRM selection control in the screen shot above. All other users will also need to connect their account. This is done by clicking on the LiveHive drop-down menu underneath the user's name, then clicking CRM.
Click the radio button next to MS Dynamics, then click the Connect to MS Dynamics button.
The sales person will then login to the standard MS Dynamics window shown below with their username, password and the URL they normally go to when they login to MS Dynamics. Be sure to check the correct setting for “On Premises” depending on whether you run your own copy of MS Dynamics or use a third party cloud implementation.
The LiveHive managed solution will create new user interface elements in the Lead, Contact and Opportunity pages of MS Dynamics. These elements display data that is copied from LiveHive to MS Dynamics and examples are shown in the screen shots below. The display can be customized by the MS Dynamics administrator.
Scroll down the page of a Lead to see their LiveHive engagement score.
Data flows in both directions between LiveHive and Dynamics as explained below.
There are three types of data that flow from LiveHive into Dynamics.
- Engagement score – This score is visible in the Ranking section next to each person's name in LiveHive. In Dynamics this value is displayed numerically, see the screen shot above.
- Recent Change score – In Dynamics this value is displayed numerically, see the screen shot above.
- LiveHive Actions – These are actions such as opening an email, replying, clicking a link, viewing or downloading an attachment.
- Activities - LiveHive tasks sync as activities in MS Dynamics. You can see them under Activities in a Lead or Contact, or the Activities page.
All of this data is visible in the Lead or Contact record in Dynamics.
There are two types of data that flow from Dynamics and are saved in LiveHive as explained below.
- Login Token – After a sales rep has connected their LiveHive account to Dynamics then an access token is saved in LiveHive so future data can be synced to Dynamics. The Dynamics password is not saved in LiveHive.
- Lead, Contact, Opportunity ID – As new Action data is generated in LiveHive it must be synched with the appropriate record in Dynamics. Record IDs such as a Lead ID are saved in LiveHive to allow this process.